Lead East, the world’s biggest 50’s party and car show, celebrates its 40th year this Labor Day Weekend at the Parsippany NJ Hilton. WE always enjoy attending Lead East and this year’s event will again be a lot of fun. So much is happening, we can’t list everything, but we’ll highlight the R&B and Doo Wop vocal group events and direct you to the Lead East website for the rest. Lead East begins Wednesday August 31 and runs through Sunday September 4. Here are some of the vocal harmony events.
- Friday, 8-11 PM – Dance party with live entertainment by Michael D’Amore and the Tribunes. DJ Tony O.
- Saturday, Noon – 2 PM – Acappella Street Corner Showcase with the Tribunes, Cherished memories, Nostalgia 5 and the Valentinos. Hosted by Tony O.
- Saturday 7 PM – Concert featuring Larry Chance & the Earls, Vito Picone & the Elegants, John Kuse & the Excellents and Bob DeAndrea & the Knockouts.
- Sunday 2 – 4 PM – Street Corner Harmony Jam Session hosted by Hal Keshner. Open to all singers and musicians.
- Sunday 3:30 – 4:30 PM – Ron Farber’s talk on music history
- Sunday 4 – 6 PM – Strolling acappella by Cherished memories
- Sunday 6 PM – Concert featuring Brooklyn Bridge, Cleveland Stills & the Dubs, Stan Zizka’s Del Satins, Jim Durkin’s Memories Music.
For more information see the Lead east website at http://www.leadeast.net/index.html